'X Factor' winner Stevens signs record deal
NASHVILLE (AP) - "The X Factor" champ Tate Stevens has signed a record deal.
A Tuesday news release says the Season 2 winner signed a deal with Syco Music/RCA Records Nashville and is already writing and recording his major-label debut.
The 37-year-old Stevens, of Belton, Mo., won "The X Factor" last month, earning the title by never finishing worse than second in voting on Simon Cowell's reality singing contest show.
The untitled new album will be released later this fall. Syco Music is Cowell's label.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.