Elton John, David Furnish welcome 2nd son
LONDON (AP) - Elton John and David Furnish say they have become parents for a second time.
The couple say they are "overwhelmed with happiness" at the birth of Elijah Joseph Daniel Furnish-John.
John's spokeswoman Fran Curtis confirmed an announcement on the singer's website that the baby was born Friday in Los Angeles. The infant, born to a surrogate mother, weighs 8 pounds, 4 ounces (3.7 kilograms).
John, who is 65, and 50-year-old Furnish wed in a British civil partnership in 2005 and are parents to 2-year-old Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John, born in California in December 2010, also through a surrogate mother.
John told The Guardian newspaper last year that he hoped to have a sibling for Zachary because "it's difficult to be an only child, and to be an only child of someone famous."
John and Furnish told Hello! magazine Wednesday that "the birth of our second son completes our family in a most precious and perfect way."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.