Elton John, David Furnish welcome 2nd son
LONDON (AP) - Elton John and David Furnish say they have become parents for a second time.
The couple say they are "overwhelmed with happiness" at the birth of Elijah Joseph Daniel Furnish-John.
John's spokeswoman Fran Curtis confirmed an announcement on the singer's website that the baby was born Friday in Los Angeles. The infant, born to a surrogate mother, weighs 8 pounds, 4 ounces (3.7 kilograms).
John, who is 65, and 50-year-old Furnish wed in a British civil partnership in 2005 and are parents to 2-year-old Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John, born in California in December 2010, also through a surrogate mother.
John told The Guardian newspaper last year that he hoped to have a sibling for Zachary because "it's difficult to be an only child, and to be an only child of someone famous."
John and Furnish told Hello! magazine Wednesday that "the birth of our second son completes our family in a most precious and perfect way."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.