Miguel celebrates Grammy nominations at LA concert
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Miguel's "How Many Drinks" is nominated for a Grammy on Sunday, and he was in a drinking mood Wednesday night.
"I think I need a drink," he told the crowd at the Fonda Theatre.
The singer then performed the R&B hit, which features Kendrick Lamar and is nominated for best R&B performance. Miguel is up for best rap/sung collaboration for "Power Trip" with J. Cole.
Miguel was slick as he performed his hits in front of a thousand fans at a concert for Levi's. He was in all-white as he danced and sang jams like "Sure Thing" and "Adorn," which won him a Grammy last year.
The Los Angeles-based singer, who is Mexican and black, told the crowd he was thankful for their support.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Arizona will start season with freshman Anu Solomon at quarterback
- 2014 UA Hall of Fame inductee Dick Tomey: Rich Rodriguez 'the right man at the right time' for Wildcats
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.