Miguel celebrates Grammy nominations at LA concert
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Miguel's "How Many Drinks" is nominated for a Grammy on Sunday, and he was in a drinking mood Wednesday night.
"I think I need a drink," he told the crowd at the Fonda Theatre.
The singer then performed the R&B hit, which features Kendrick Lamar and is nominated for best R&B performance. Miguel is up for best rap/sung collaboration for "Power Trip" with J. Cole.
Miguel was slick as he performed his hits in front of a thousand fans at a concert for Levi's. He was in all-white as he danced and sang jams like "Sure Thing" and "Adorn," which won him a Grammy last year.
The Los Angeles-based singer, who is Mexican and black, told the crowd he was thankful for their support.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.