'Voice' winner Cassadee Pope signs record deal
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - "The Voice" winner Cassadee Pope has a new record deal.
The 23-year-old Season 3 winner signed this week with Republic Nashville, joining the label's roster of young country stars that includes Taylor Swift and The Band Perry.
Pope was a member of country music star Blake's Shelton's team on "The Voice" and won the reality singing contest show last month.
The Florida native has released music before with a band called Hey Monday and as a solo artist. She is now managed by Irving Azoff in one of his first post-Live Nation endeavors.
A spokesman says Pope is writing songs for the new album and is meeting with producers in Nashville.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.