'Voice' winner Cassadee Pope signs record deal
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - "The Voice" winner Cassadee Pope has a new record deal.
The 23-year-old Season 3 winner signed this week with Republic Nashville, joining the label's roster of young country stars that includes Taylor Swift and The Band Perry.
Pope was a member of country music star Blake's Shelton's team on "The Voice" and won the reality singing contest show last month.
The Florida native has released music before with a band called Hey Monday and as a solo artist. She is now managed by Irving Azoff in one of his first post-Live Nation endeavors.
A spokesman says Pope is writing songs for the new album and is meeting with producers in Nashville.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.