'Voice' winner Cassadee Pope signs record deal
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) - "The Voice" winner Cassadee Pope has a new record deal.
The 23-year-old Season 3 winner signed this week with Republic Nashville, joining the label's roster of young country stars that includes Taylor Swift and The Band Perry.
Pope was a member of country music star Blake's Shelton's team on "The Voice" and won the reality singing contest show last month.
The Florida native has released music before with a band called Hey Monday and as a solo artist. She is now managed by Irving Azoff in one of his first post-Live Nation endeavors.
A spokesman says Pope is writing songs for the new album and is meeting with producers in Nashville.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.