Prince to be honored at 2013 Billboard Awards
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Prince will be honored with an Icon Award during the 2013 Billboard Music Awards.
This year's show will be broadcast live May 19 on ABC from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas.
Prince also will perform on the Don Mischer-produced show, a rare televised appearance for the 54-year-old genre-bending singer whose hits include "Purple Rain," "1999" and "Kiss."
Previous Icon winners include Stevie Wonder and Neil Diamond.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Arizona AD Greg Byrne asks Twitter for feedback on scoreboard
- What the magazines are saying about Arizona Wildcats football
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.