Police sent to Chris Brown home in latest hoax
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Police have responded to Chris Brown's home after they received a call about a domestic violence situation that turned out to be false.
The Los Angeles Times reports ( http://lat.ms/XSUFYQ) police were contacted shortly before 5 p.m. Monday about a domestic violence incident. When police arrived, members of Brown's staff were at the home, but the singer wasn't.
Police searched the home and didn't find any problems.
It's the latest so-called "swatting" prank targeting celebrities. The practice is intended to get multiple officers, including specialized SWAT teams sent to a home.
Last week, Beverly Hills police responded to a fake armed robbery call at Tom Cruise's house. Other hoax calls have been made involving the homes of Justin Bieber, Ashton Kutcher and Miley Cyrus.
Information from: Los Angeles Times, http://www.latimes.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.