AP Photos: Celebrities turn out for inauguration
WASHINGTON (AP) - It's a rare event where Beyonce, Katy Perry and Jennifer Hudson aren't the headliners.
The divas were happy to play supporting roles over the inauguration weekend as President Barack Obama kicked off his second term. And there was the promise of one more surprise guest at Tuesday's private staff ball_ Lady Gaga, who the Presidential Inaugural Committee says will perform at the event intended to thank campaign and White House staffers.
Although it didn't quite have the collective star power of Obama's first inauguration, which featured a televised concert on the mall, Obama turned to younger acts Beyonce and Kelly Clarkson on the podium where last time Aretha Franklin stood with Yo-Yo Ma and Itzhak Perlman.
Here are photos of the some of the stars who turned out to support the president at events over the weekend.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.