Adele to perform Bond theme 'Skyfall' at Oscars
NEW YORK (AP) - Adele will perform the James Bond theme "Skyfall" at the Oscars, her first U.S. performance since last year's Grammy Awards.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences said Wednesday that Adele will sing the Oscar-nominated song at the 85th annual Academy Awards on Feb. 24. She and producer Paul Epworth are nominated for best original song for "Skyfall."
The announcement isn't much of a surprise considering Adele's award show ubiquity. She recently won a Golden Globe for the Bond theme.
Adele hasn't previously sung "Skyfall" live for an audience. She says in a statement that she's honored to be singing in front of people who've captured her imagination. The Oscars will also present a tribute to James Bond, marking the 50th anniversary of the franchise.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Arizona will start season with freshman Anu Solomon at quarterback
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.