Adele to perform Bond theme 'Skyfall' at Oscars
NEW YORK (AP) - Adele will perform the James Bond theme "Skyfall" at the Oscars, her first U.S. performance since last year's Grammy Awards.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences said Wednesday that Adele will sing the Oscar-nominated song at the 85th annual Academy Awards on Feb. 24. She and producer Paul Epworth are nominated for best original song for "Skyfall."
The announcement isn't much of a surprise considering Adele's award show ubiquity. She recently won a Golden Globe for the Bond theme.
Adele hasn't previously sung "Skyfall" live for an audience. She says in a statement that she's honored to be singing in front of people who've captured her imagination. The Oscars will also present a tribute to James Bond, marking the 50th anniversary of the franchise.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Arizona AD Greg Byrne asks Twitter for feedback on scoreboard
- What the magazines are saying about Arizona Wildcats football
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.