Adele to perform Bond theme 'Skyfall' at Oscars
NEW YORK (AP) - Adele will perform the James Bond theme "Skyfall" at the Oscars, her first U.S. performance since last year's Grammy Awards.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences said Wednesday that Adele will sing the Oscar-nominated song at the 85th annual Academy Awards on Feb. 24. She and producer Paul Epworth are nominated for best original song for "Skyfall."
The announcement isn't much of a surprise considering Adele's award show ubiquity. She recently won a Golden Globe for the Bond theme.
Adele hasn't previously sung "Skyfall" live for an audience. She says in a statement that she's honored to be singing in front of people who've captured her imagination. The Oscars will also present a tribute to James Bond, marking the 50th anniversary of the franchise.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.