Man charged in carjacking of R&B singer Bobby V
ATLANTA (AP) - Police say they've charged a man with armed robbery and vehicle hijacking in the carjacking of an R&B singer in midtown Atlanta.
Authorities say singer Robert Wilson- known as Bobby V or Bobby Valentino- parked a red 2013 Bentley outside the Hot Beats Recording Studio Tuesday night and was approached by two armed robbers. Police say Wilson complied with the men and they drove away. The Bentley was later found abandoned at a commuter train station.
Police said Thursday that Robert Unrico McFarland was being held on charges including robbery and vehicle hijacking charges. Jail records do not list an attorney for McFarland. Police are searching for a second suspect.
Wilson had a hit with the 2005 song "Slow Down" and was featured on "Mrs. Officer" by Lil Wayne in 2008.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.