Colombian superstar Juanes writes 1st book
NEW YORK (AP) - Juanes (WAH'-nehs) has more to say than will fit in a hit song.
The Colombian singer announced Thursday that his first memoir will be released April 2 in English and Spanish. Its titles are "Chasing the Sun" and "Persiguiendo el sol," and they'll be released on Celebra, a division of Penguin Group (USA).
A news release said the book will feature photos and "personally penned intimate details about his life." It will also include stories about "the effects of witnessing corruption and violence" in Medellin, Colombia, where Juanes grew up, as well as "the regret and remorse surrounding his father's death."
Juanes is married with three children.
He is a Grammy Award winner and has multiple Latin Grammys, including last year's album of the year for "Juanes: MTV Unplugged."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.