Tina Turner celebrates her wedding in Switzerland
GENEVA (AP) - Tina Turner is celebrating her wedding to Erwin Bach with a party at her Swiss lakeside estate near Zurich.
Swiss media are reporting that pop stars David Bowie, Sade and talk show impresario Oprah Winfrey are among the more than 120 guests invited to Sunday's Buddhist-inspired event.
Zurich police spokeswoman Esther Surber says authorities are temporarily barring boats on Lake Zurich from nearing Turner's Chateau Algonquin estate in the Kuesnacht municipality to prevent onlookers from causing accidents on the waterway.
About a month ago, the 73-year-old American pop star tied the knot with Bach, a 57-year-old German music executive and her longtime beau, at the town hall in the wealthy community.
Turner's marriage to her former musical partner, the late Ike Turner, ended in divorce.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.