Tina Turner celebrates her wedding in Switzerland
GENEVA (AP) - Tina Turner is celebrating her wedding to Erwin Bach with a party at her Swiss lakeside estate near Zurich.
Swiss media are reporting that pop stars David Bowie, Sade and talk show impresario Oprah Winfrey are among the more than 120 guests invited to Sunday's Buddhist-inspired event.
Zurich police spokeswoman Esther Surber says authorities are temporarily barring boats on Lake Zurich from nearing Turner's Chateau Algonquin estate in the Kuesnacht municipality to prevent onlookers from causing accidents on the waterway.
About a month ago, the 73-year-old American pop star tied the knot with Bach, a 57-year-old German music executive and her longtime beau, at the town hall in the wealthy community.
Turner's marriage to her former musical partner, the late Ike Turner, ended in divorce.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.