Emmylou Harris charged with hit-and-run in LA
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Los Angeles prosecutors have charged country star Emmylou Harris with misdemeanor hit-and-run related to an accident last year.
The Grammy-winning singer was charged Wednesday for failing to exchange information with a driver whose car she hit on a freeway on Oct. 1.
A criminal complaint filed in Beverly Hills did not contain additional details about the accident or how much damage occurred.
A publicist for the 65-year-old singer didn't immediately return a message seeking comment.
Harris has won a dozen Grammys for her solo work and collaborations with artists such as Dolly Parton, Linda Ronstadt, Alison Krauss and others.
Harris continues to tour and is scheduled to release an album of duets in late February.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Arizona will start season with freshman Anu Solomon at quarterback
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.