Review: Avant has an R&B goodie with 7th album
(AP) - Avant, "Face the Music" (Mo-B Entertainment)
Avant's seventh album arrives just in time for Valentine's Day: It's full of ballads and seductive tracks that highlight the R&B performer's singing and songwriting skills.
Avant doesn't break any barriers vocally on "Face the Music," but he does bring on a freshness that always makes him worth listening to. That's evident on the album opener, "Toast to Love," and the midtempo "80 in a 30," which displays the Avant we know and love.
"You and I," featuring KeKe Wyatt, sees the awesome twosome throwing down again, adding to their previous collaborations like the classic "My First Love" and "Nothing in This World."
Avant does stretch out of his comfort zone slightly on "No," opting for a more poplike sound, and it works. "Face the Music" isn't perfect, but it's an R&B goodie.
Follow Bianca Roach at http://twitter.com/B__Roach
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.