Review: Avant has an R&B goodie with 7th album
(AP) - Avant, "Face the Music" (Mo-B Entertainment)
Avant's seventh album arrives just in time for Valentine's Day: It's full of ballads and seductive tracks that highlight the R&B performer's singing and songwriting skills.
Avant doesn't break any barriers vocally on "Face the Music," but he does bring on a freshness that always makes him worth listening to. That's evident on the album opener, "Toast to Love," and the midtempo "80 in a 30," which displays the Avant we know and love.
"You and I," featuring KeKe Wyatt, sees the awesome twosome throwing down again, adding to their previous collaborations like the classic "My First Love" and "Nothing in This World."
Avant does stretch out of his comfort zone slightly on "No," opting for a more poplike sound, and it works. "Face the Music" isn't perfect, but it's an R&B goodie.
Follow Bianca Roach at http://twitter.com/B__Roach
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.