Review: Avant has an R&B goodie with 7th album
(AP) - Avant, "Face the Music" (Mo-B Entertainment)
Avant's seventh album arrives just in time for Valentine's Day: It's full of ballads and seductive tracks that highlight the R&B performer's singing and songwriting skills.
Avant doesn't break any barriers vocally on "Face the Music," but he does bring on a freshness that always makes him worth listening to. That's evident on the album opener, "Toast to Love," and the midtempo "80 in a 30," which displays the Avant we know and love.
"You and I," featuring KeKe Wyatt, sees the awesome twosome throwing down again, adding to their previous collaborations like the classic "My First Love" and "Nothing in This World."
Avant does stretch out of his comfort zone slightly on "No," opting for a more poplike sound, and it works. "Face the Music" isn't perfect, but it's an R&B goodie.
Follow Bianca Roach at http://twitter.com/B__Roach
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.