Review: Boheme undergoes beguiling transformation
(AP) - Erin Boheme, "What A Life" (Heads Up)
Erin Boheme dropped off the radar after making an impressive debut as a traditional jazz singer at age 18. Seven years later, she's released "What A Life," the first album by another singer Michael Buble has produced.
A more mature Boheme has transformed herself into a pop singer-songwriter on "What A Life," performing tunes reflecting her own experience of falling in and out of love.
Boheme uses her jazz technique to accent her girlish yet seductive vocals on the relaxedly swinging "He Isn't You" and the Motown-soulful "One More Try." Although some tracks are overproduced, Boheme's voice is an expressive instrument that needs only minimal backing as exemplified by the Henry Mancini-inspired title track.
Among the handful of covers, Boheme adds a feminine perspective on unreciprocated love to Coldplay's "In My Place" and turns the Gretchen Wilson country hit "I'd Love To Be Your Last" into a romantic duet with jazz singer Spencer Day.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.