Shakira shows 1st baby photo, with father Pique
MADRID (AP) - Shakira is sharing the first public photograph of her recently born baby, with father Gerard Pique planting a kiss on his infant son's cheek.
The 36-year-old Colombian singer announced Monday on Twitter that the photo of "my two angels" could be seen on the website of UNICEF. She has urged people to donate to a baby shower on behalf of needy children helped by the U.N. children's agency.
The photo shows Milan, who was born Jan. 22 in Barcelona, apparently sleeping in the arms of his father. The 25-year-old Pique is an FC Barcelona soccer star.
Milan is the couple's first child.
Shakira has previously asked fans to make donations to UNICEF, helping to provide polio vaccinations and other aid. She works as a goodwill ambassador for the organization.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.