Updated Feb 7, 2013 - 11:15 am
Wildcats QB Matt Scott invited to NFL Combine
A third-round pick of the Philadelphia Eagles, Arizona's career leader in virtually every significant passing category made his debut in November, ending another long (and somewhat embarrassing) drought for the school.
Well, the gap between Foles and the next UA QB to be drafted likely won't be nearly as long as the one between Foles and Eddie Wilson.
Matt Scott, who threw for 3,620 yards and 27 touchdowns as a senior, has been invited to the NFL's Scouting Combine.
Scott enters the 2013 draft season as an interesting prospect. He started just one full season at the collegiate level, and flashed solid arm strength to go along with mobility that many NFL teams seem to be looking for.
And while he may not be one of the top prospects at this moment, the fact that he's been invited to showcase his ability for scouts proves there's a decent amount of interest in his skills.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Wildcats' Carey wins Pac-12 Offensive Player of the Year
- The Pulse: Fans expecting an ASU win over Arizona
- The Pulse: Taylor Kelly will be the most important player in the 2013 Territorial Cup
- Three ways Arizona beats ASU, three ways the Wildcats lose to the Sun Devils
- A Wildcat remembers his favorite memories of the Territorial Cup
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 11/29 - Friday November 29Adam and Jarrett talk UA football and the Territorial Cup.
- Greg Byrne, Arizona athletic director - Wednesday November 27Getting ready for the Territorial Cup with Greg Byrne
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Tuesday November 26Coach Rodriguez discusses the Oregon victory and the Territorial Cup with the guys.
- Jeff Van Raaphorst, ASU Color Analyst - Monday November 25The Sun Devils and Wildcats meet again this weekend for the Territorial Cup.
- Ed Cunningham, ESPN college football analyst - Friday November 22Ed Cunningham gives us his opinion on the big games surrounding ASU and Arizona.