Breasts, buttocks banned by CBS from Grammys
NEW YORK (AP) - CBS is asking stars not to bare too much skin at the Grammy Awards on Sunday.
The network requests that "buttocks and female breasts are adequately covered" for the televised award show. The memo sent out Wednesday also warned against "see-through clothing," exposure of "the genital region" and said that "thong type costumes are problematic."
Representatives for CBS and the Recording Academy declined to comment on Thursday. Deadline Hollywood first reported the memo.
CBS broadcast the infamous 2004 Super Bowl halftime show that included Janet Jackson's "wardrobe malfunction." The network was initially fined by the Federal Communications Commission, though the fine was later overturned.
The 55th annual Grammy Awards will be held Sunday at 8 p.m. EST at Los Angles' Staples Center.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.