Alicia Keys, Bobby Brown perform at Will.i.am show
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Fergie was been absent- but the Black Eyed Peas were joined by another female diva onstage: Alicia Keys.
Keys sang "Where Is the Love" with the pop-rap group at will.i.am's charity event Thursday night at The Avalon Hollywood in Los Angeles. British singer Estelle also sang Fergie's portion of "The Time (Dirty Bit)."
Will.i.am's TRANS4M benefit show- which assists his i.am.angel foundation- also featured Bobby Brown and Ludacris, who both earned roaring cheers from the crowd of several hundred.
Will.i.am. said at the end of the evening that he raised $3.3 million.
"We're having fun, but we're also collecting funds," he told the crowd.
Will.i.am introduced Grammy-winning Keys to the audience saying: "Are you ready for a strong woman?"
The R&B singer performed "Girl on Fire" and "Try Sleeping With a Broken Heart."
Brown sang his jams "Every Little Step" and "Tenderoni." He performed at the same event in 2011, as will.i.am and Taboo of the Peas worked as his background dancers. They did the same Thursday night.
He told will.i.am in between his set that he was proud of the musician and his charity work.
The Peas closed the night with the massive hit "I Gotta Feeling."
Follow Mesfin Fekadu on twitter.com/MusicMesfin
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.