ESPN.com: Wildcats signees rank in top half of Pac-12
Amongst those, the Wildcats fared better than their rivals in several categories -- acquiring an ESPN 300 recruit, a quarterback(s) and earning a slightly better grade.
According to an ESPN Insider article, UA's recruiting class ranked sixth in the Pac-12 primarily due to their offensive focus.
Breakdown: At the top, Arizona's class is filled with speed and talent from the Southern California trio of ESPN 300 athlete Samajie Grant, four-star running back Pierre Cormier and four-star cornerback Derek Babiash. Coach Rich Rodriguez wanted players who could excel in his offense, and he seems to have done that with running backs Mauriece Lee and Zachary Green, and potential standout receivers Prince Holloway, Lawrence Walker, Nate Phillips and Paul Elvira. The quarterback position is in good hands as well, with junior college signal-caller Jesse Scroggins to go along with Jarrett Solomon.
Rodriguez's top signee, California native and ESPN top 300 recruit Samajie Grant, heads the 2013 UA class. Grant provides versatility and playmaking ability for the Wildcats on either side of the ball.
While Rodriguez didn't reach out too far from Arizona for talent like ASU coach Todd Graham, he primarily focused on players that would fit his style of UA football. The Wildcats also did nearly just the opposite of the Sun Devils, only signing two junior college athletes compared to Graham's 10.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/29 - Friday March 29The season has come to an end in the most excruciating of ways. Adam and Jarrett break down the loss
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/26 - Tuesday March 26The Wildcats are in the Sweet 16 for the second time in four years. Should we be impressed? Are we w
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/19 - Tuesday March 19Tournaments for everyone! Adam and Jarrett talk about the Pac-12 Tournament result and then Arizona'
- Mike DeCourcy, Sporting News CBB Insider - Monday March 18Doug and Wolf ask DeCourcy what he thinks about this year's NCAA Tournament bracket.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - 3/12 - Tuesday March 12A nice win over Arizona State is followed by the Pac-12 Tournament. How do the Wildcats look? Adam a