Macklemore & Ryan Lewis early leaders at Grammys
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis are dominating the Grammy Awards already, picking up major honor best new artist.
The win brought the Seattle rap duo's total to four awards just moments into Sunday night's telecast from Staples Center in Los Angeles. This, after they won best rap song and rap performance for "Thrift Shop," and best rap album for "The Heist" in a stunning three-minute period during the pre-telecast awards ceremony at the nearby Nokia Theatre.
And they're still up for major honors album and song of the year for gay rights anthem "Same Love" with three hours left in the show.
Macklemore appeared on stage in an emerald green tux and seemed momentarily without words as he surveyed the crowd.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.