Macklemore & Ryan Lewis early leaders at Grammys
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis are dominating the Grammy Awards already, picking up major honor best new artist.
The win brought the Seattle rap duo's total to four awards just moments into Sunday night's telecast from Staples Center in Los Angeles. This, after they won best rap song and rap performance for "Thrift Shop," and best rap album for "The Heist" in a stunning three-minute period during the pre-telecast awards ceremony at the nearby Nokia Theatre.
And they're still up for major honors album and song of the year for gay rights anthem "Same Love" with three hours left in the show.
Macklemore appeared on stage in an emerald green tux and seemed momentarily without words as he surveyed the crowd.
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.