Review: Veronica Falls' 2nd album worth the 'Wait'
(AP) - Veronica Falls, "Waiting for Something to Happen" (Slumberland)
The second full-length album from indie pop's Veronica Falls is a tasteful guitar pop set, brighter in tone than their first. The London foursome takes a communal approach to singing their lovely melodies and there is nothing remotely discordant about the affair.
The lyrics glorify the moments in between and aligned with the music play like anthems for the indecisive on "Waiting for Something to Happen." These are songs about tiring of the people you hang out with, last conversations, the shortcomings of connectivity and the intersection of early adulthood.
It's not that Veronica Falls shun responsibility ("They say act your age") or compromise ("Driving late at night/I let you listen to the music you like"), they just don't want to settle down ("Bury me alive").
A few tracks take subtly winsome turns: the drizzle of classic British folk in the opener, the elliptical harmony on "Shooting Star" and the chorus on "Falling Out" blossoming into their catchiest moment to date.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.