Rapper 2Chainz arrested in Maryland on drug charge
EASTON, Md. (AP) - Rapper 2Chainz has been arrested on drug charges in Maryland where he was to perform at a college event.
Maryland State Police spokesman Sgt. Marc Black says troopers stopped a van Thursday night for speeding near Easton, Md., and smelled marijuana in the van. A backpack in the van was found to have a marijuana grinder and trace amounts of marijuana.
The rapper, whose real name is Tauheed Epps, claimed possession of the backpack and was arrested. Black says Epps was cited for having drug paraphernalia and marijuana and was released. The citation carries up to a year in jail and up to a $1,000 fine.
Agents representing Epps did not immediately respond to requests for comment.
Epps was scheduled to perform Thursday at the University of Maryland Eastern Shore.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.