Top 6 Carnival samba schools parade again in Rio
RIO DE JANEIRO (AP) - The glittering costumes and floats that last week marked Rio de Janeiro's iconic Carnival are back as the top six finishers of the annual samba school competition take part in the Parade of Champions.
The final parade takes place every year on the Saturday night after Carnival.
The first group to enter the Sambadrome will be sixth-placed Academicos do Grande Rio. This year's winner was Unidos de Vila Isabel, which will parade last.
Unidos de Vila Isabel's agricultural-themed parade featured a sexy spider samba queen, lady bug musicians and a giant grasshopper float.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.