Autopsy confirms Mindy McCready's death as suicide
HEBER SPRINGS, Ark. (AP) - Authorities in Arkansas say preliminary autopsy results confirm country music singer Mindy McCready's death was a suicide.
The Cleburne County sheriff said in a statement Wednesday that preliminary autopsy results from Arkansas' state crime lab show McCready's death was a suicide from a single gunshot wound to the head.
Investigators have said McCready apparently shot and killed her late boyfriend's dog before she turned the gun on herself Sunday at her home in Heber Springs, Ark. Authorities found McCready's body and the dog on the front porch where her longtime boyfriend, musician David Wilson, died last month of a gunshot wound to the head.
Authorities are investigating Wilson's death as a suicide but they haven't determined an official cause of death yet.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.