Conlon extends LA Opera contract through 2017-18
LOS ANGELES (AP) - James Conlon has extended his contract as music director of the Los Angeles Opera through the 2017-18 season.
The 62-year-old's new deal was announced Wednesday. He was hired in 2004 to start with the 2006-07 season, and he extended previously in 2007 and 2010. His current agreement ran through the 2012-13 season.
Conlon has conducted 18 company premieres, 33 different operas at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion and 190 main stage performances with the LA Opera.
He also has been music director of the Ravinia Festival outside Chicago since 2005 and of the Cincinnati May Festival since 1979.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Arizona will start season with freshman Anu Solomon at quarterback
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.