Conlon extends LA Opera contract through 2017-18
LOS ANGELES (AP) - James Conlon has extended his contract as music director of the Los Angeles Opera through the 2017-18 season.
The 62-year-old's new deal was announced Wednesday. He was hired in 2004 to start with the 2006-07 season, and he extended previously in 2007 and 2010. His current agreement ran through the 2012-13 season.
Conlon has conducted 18 company premieres, 33 different operas at the Dorothy Chandler Pavilion and 190 main stage performances with the LA Opera.
He also has been music director of the Ravinia Festival outside Chicago since 2005 and of the Cincinnati May Festival since 1979.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.