Springsteen's 'Born To Run' house for sale in NJ
LONG BRANCH, N.J. (AP) - For about $350,000, someone can buy a slice of music history.
The Asbury Park Press ( http://on.app.com/YoYHGm) reports the two-bedroom cottage in Long Branch, N.J., where Bruce Springsteen wrote the classic rock anthem "Born To Run" is for sale.
Real estate agent Susan McLaughlin says tourists stop by the house "all the time."
The five-room residence has three owners. If a buyer thinks the asking price is too steep, there's another option: McLaughlin tells the newspaper that two of the owners would consider keeping their shares and selling only a one-third stake. A price for that hasn't been set.
Springsteen rented the cottage in 1974 and '75 when he wrote the music for his seminal "Born To Run" album, which features the title song, plus "Jungleland" and "Tenth Avenue Freeze Out."
Information from: Asbury Park (N.J.) Press, http://www.app.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Arizona AD Greg Byrne asks Twitter for feedback on scoreboard
- What the magazines are saying about Arizona Wildcats football
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.