NY judge halts auction of The Band member's stuff
KINGSTON, N.Y. (AP) - Musician Garth Hudson has temporarily blocked a New York landlord's plans to sell some possessions dating back to his days with The Band to recoup unpaid storage costs.
The Times Herald-Record of Middletown reports ( http://bit.ly/YEAYC4) the Rock and Roll Hall of Famer won a restraining order Friday to halt an online auction scheduled for April 6.
Landlord Mike Piazza told the newspaper he was selling Hudson's property because the musician couldn't pay at least $60,000 owed for seven years of storage in a Kingston loft.
Hudson's lawyer says Piazza has illegally taken some items and is claiming more rent than Hudson owes.
Hudson's lawsuit claims he wasn't properly notified of Piazza's plans to sell his property, including an alto sax and cassette recordings The Band's shows.
Information from: The Times Herald-Record, http://www.th-record.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.