Review: Etana packs a punch on 'Better Tomorrow'
(AP) - Etana, "Better Tomorrow" (VP Records)
Etana delivers a mature and confident sound with top-notch lyrical content and unique vocals on her third studio album, "Better Tomorrow."
The Jamaican singer's soulful roots are strong as she pays homage to earlier eras of reggae on tracks such as the empowering "Queen" and the infectious "Reggae." She finds a fresh perspective on the happy song "Beautiful Day," and "All I Need" is full of emotion and desire.
Her strong-minded nature sees the 29-year-old go to new levels on each of the album's songs, making "Better Tomorrow" her best album to date.
The album opener, "Spoken Soul," is a verbal statement speaking of her "musical journey" and need for a "better tomorrow." It's an expressive message that is simple, yet strong.
Follow Bianca Roach on Twitter at http://twitter.com/B__Roach
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.