Janet Jackson says she married Al Mana last year
NEW YORK (AP) - Janet Jackson knows how to keep a secret: The singer has been married since last year.
A representative for Jackson confirmed Monday that the musician and Wissam Al Mana wed last year.
This is Jackson's second secret marriage. She secretly married Rene Elizondo Jr. in 1991. They separated in 1999.
The 46-year-old Jackson first tied the knot when she was 18 to singer James DeBarge, which lasted three months in 1984.
In a joint statement to Entertainment Tonight, Jackson and Al Mana said their wedding was a "quiet, private and beautiful ceremony."
The couple also said they would like privacy and "are allowed this time for celebration and joy."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.