Review: French group C2C has great energy on debut
(AP) - C2C, "Tetra" (Universal Republic/Casablanca Records)
Get ready to dance. A lot.
"Tetra," the debut album from French foursome C2C, is a multi-genre, beat-driven adventure that feels good throughout all 14 tracks.
C2C is a turntable group made up of 20syl, DJ Greem, DJ Pfel and DJ Atom. They've crafted songs that feel soulful ("Happy"), energetic ("Delta," "The Beat") and eerie ("Give Up the Ghost"). "Because of You" is Gorillaz-esque and "Genius" is oh-so-fun, as is "Who Are You," which samples The New Birth's "You Don't Have to Be Alone."
"Le Banquet" even weaves in a speech from Ronald Reagan- and it works.
"Tetra" is flavorful and upbeat- it's hard not to jump around to these beats. C2C has meshed a sound that is wild, but still consistent.
Follow Mesfin Fekadu on Twitter at http://twitter.com/MusicMesfin.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.