Review: French group C2C has great energy on debut
(AP) - C2C, "Tetra" (Universal Republic/Casablanca Records)
Get ready to dance. A lot.
"Tetra," the debut album from French foursome C2C, is a multi-genre, beat-driven adventure that feels good throughout all 14 tracks.
C2C is a turntable group made up of 20syl, DJ Greem, DJ Pfel and DJ Atom. They've crafted songs that feel soulful ("Happy"), energetic ("Delta," "The Beat") and eerie ("Give Up the Ghost"). "Because of You" is Gorillaz-esque and "Genius" is oh-so-fun, as is "Who Are You," which samples The New Birth's "You Don't Have to Be Alone."
"Le Banquet" even weaves in a speech from Ronald Reagan- and it works.
"Tetra" is flavorful and upbeat- it's hard not to jump around to these beats. C2C has meshed a sound that is wild, but still consistent.
Follow Mesfin Fekadu on Twitter at http://twitter.com/MusicMesfin.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.