Drummer Questlove of the Roots to release memoir
NEW YORK (AP) - Drummer-producer Ahmir "Questlove" Thompson of the Roots is adding "author" to his resume.
Thompson announced Wednesday that "Mo' Meta Blues: The World According to Questlove" will be released June 18 by Grand Central Publishing.
The book includes the rap musician's run-ins with "celebrities, idols and fellow artists," including Stevie Wonder, KISS and Jay-Z. It also tackles "some of the lates, the greats, the fakes and the true originals of the music world."
The Roots are the house band for NBC's "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon." They have released 12 albums and are a favorite of music critics.
Thompson, 42, has been a producer for Jay-Z, D'Angelo, Erykah Badu and John Legend. He has four Grammy Awards.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Arizona will start season with freshman Anu Solomon at quarterback
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.