Drummer Questlove of the Roots to release memoir
NEW YORK (AP) - Drummer-producer Ahmir "Questlove" Thompson of the Roots is adding "author" to his resume.
Thompson announced Wednesday that "Mo' Meta Blues: The World According to Questlove" will be released June 18 by Grand Central Publishing.
The book includes the rap musician's run-ins with "celebrities, idols and fellow artists," including Stevie Wonder, KISS and Jay-Z. It also tackles "some of the lates, the greats, the fakes and the true originals of the music world."
The Roots are the house band for NBC's "Late Night With Jimmy Fallon." They have released 12 albums and are a favorite of music critics.
Thompson, 42, has been a producer for Jay-Z, D'Angelo, Erykah Badu and John Legend. He has four Grammy Awards.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.