SKorean broadcaster bans PSY's 'Gentleman' video
SEOUL, South Korea (AP) - A major South Korean broadcaster says it has banned PSY's new music video because the rapper is shown abusing public property.
The "Gentleman" video opens with PSY kicking a cone that says "no parking."
State-funded KBS said Thursday the scene doesn't meet its standards as a public broadcaster. Two spokesmen say KBS has banned other videos for similar reasons in the past.
They spoke anonymously because they say it is the broadcaster's company policy.
"Gentleman" was released last week on YouTube as a follow-up to PSY's viral "Gangnam Style." It features a fast-paced electro pop song and has surpassed 139 million views.
"Gangnam Style" brought the 35-year-old singer global fame. It is YouTube's most watched video with 1.5 billion views since its release last summer.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.