Taylor Swift visits young cancer patient in Omaha
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) - Taylor Swift has visited a young cancer patient in Nebraska.
The singer was at Children's Hospital & Medical Center in Omaha on Saturday to see 10-year-old Lauren Hacker. The fifth-grader at St. Margaret Mary School has cancer.
The Omaha World-Herald ( http://bit.ly/10z0U9l) reports the meeting was lobbied for on social media. It was later arranged by Lauren's family and the singer's representatives.
Swift kicks off her worldwide tour Wednesday in Omaha for her latest album, "Red."
Information from: Omaha World-Herald, http://www.omaha.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.