Taylor Swift visits young cancer patient in Omaha
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) - Taylor Swift has visited a young cancer patient in Nebraska.
The singer was at Children's Hospital & Medical Center in Omaha on Saturday to see 10-year-old Lauren Hacker. The fifth-grader at St. Margaret Mary School has cancer.
The Omaha World-Herald ( http://bit.ly/10z0U9l) reports the meeting was lobbied for on social media. It was later arranged by Lauren's family and the singer's representatives.
Swift kicks off her worldwide tour Wednesday in Omaha for her latest album, "Red."
Information from: Omaha World-Herald, http://www.omaha.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Arizona will start season with freshman Anu Solomon at quarterback
- 2014 UA Hall of Fame inductee Dick Tomey: Rich Rodriguez 'the right man at the right time' for Wildcats
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.