Taylor Swift visits young cancer patient in Omaha
OMAHA, Neb. (AP) - Taylor Swift has visited a young cancer patient in Nebraska.
The singer was at Children's Hospital & Medical Center in Omaha on Saturday to see 10-year-old Lauren Hacker. The fifth-grader at St. Margaret Mary School has cancer.
The Omaha World-Herald ( http://bit.ly/10z0U9l) reports the meeting was lobbied for on social media. It was later arranged by Lauren's family and the singer's representatives.
Swift kicks off her worldwide tour Wednesday in Omaha for her latest album, "Red."
Information from: Omaha World-Herald, http://www.omaha.com
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.