Rihanna booed in Boston, cheered on in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (AP) - Rihanna was booed for turning up late at a concert in Boston, but the audience in New York cheered her on even though she didn't start on time the following night.
Boston.com reported that fans at the TD Garden on Monday booed the singer for starting her concert at 10:30 p.m. EDT instead of her scheduled 9 p.m., and without opening act A$AP Rocky. Doors had opened at 7:30 p.m.
A representative for Rihanna didn't respond to an email about the singer's lateness.
On Tuesday, Rihanna hit the stage at 10:15 p.m. to cheers at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y., where A$AP Rocky also performed. She sang a number of her hits, including "We Found Love," "Diamonds" and "Umbrella."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.