Rihanna booed in Boston, cheered on in Brooklyn
NEW YORK (AP) - Rihanna was booed for turning up late at a concert in Boston, but the audience in New York cheered her on even though she didn't start on time the following night.
Boston.com reported that fans at the TD Garden on Monday booed the singer for starting her concert at 10:30 p.m. EDT instead of her scheduled 9 p.m., and without opening act A$AP Rocky. Doors had opened at 7:30 p.m.
A representative for Rihanna didn't respond to an email about the singer's lateness.
On Tuesday, Rihanna hit the stage at 10:15 p.m. to cheers at the Barclays Center in Brooklyn, N.Y., where A$AP Rocky also performed. She sang a number of her hits, including "We Found Love," "Diamonds" and "Umbrella."
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.