Review: `No Way Back' is suspenseful tale
(AP) - "No Way Back" (William Morrow), by Andrew Gross
"No Way Back" is the latest high-octane thriller from Andrew Gross, the best-selling author of "15 Seconds." One woman's life is destroyed and another hides a secret from her past.
Wendy Gould has a fight with her husband. She waits in a bar for a girlfriend who doesn't show. Wendy flirts with a stranger and soon finds herself in his hotel room. Before things get hot and heavy, she realizes her mistake and runs into the bathroom. When she hears another voice in the room, she peeks out to see a man with a gun. Soon, two men are dead- and she's on the run.
Meanwhile, young nanny Lauritzia Velez has a secret that could prove deadly. She's on a shopping trip at a mall with her charges when a gunman tries to shoot them. A security guard kills the shooter before he can harm them, but Velez realizes she has to flee if she wants the family to survive.
Gross is a master of suspense, and "No Way Back" will put him on the best-seller lists once again. However, one weakness in the story is that both women need men to help them survive. It's too bad neither character comes across as strong enough to do it without help.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona's Anu Solomon named National Freshman of the Week
- Arizona Wildcats receive votes in the AP and Coaches' Poll
- Arizona coach Rodriguez praises 'unflappable' Anu Solomon
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Mark May, ESPN College Football Analyst - Tuesday September 2Should UCLA be concerned about their performance against Virginia?
- Rich Rodriguez - UA football coach - Tuesday September 2Doug and Wolf catch up with the head coach of the Arizona Wildcats, Rich Rodriguez.
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?