Wash. state woman charged with stalking Clay Aiken
RALEIGH, N.C. (AP) - A woman from Washington state has been charged with stalking singer Clay Aiken at his home in North Carolina.
Barbara Jean Saylor, 57, of Kirkland, Wash., was charged with trespassing and misdemeanor stalking, the Chatham County Sheriff's Office said in a news release Thursday.
Deputies responded to a call from Aiken's home on April 3. They were told a woman had scaled a security fence and entered Aiken's property.
Authorities say she was ordered to leave when she was seen looking through the windows of the home. They say the woman left after being told that law enforcement was notified.
Saylor was released on $5,000 unsecured bond and is scheduled to appear April 24 in Chatham County District Court in Pittsboro. It wasn't clear if she had an attorney.
A spokeswoman for Aiken said the singer had no comment.
The 34-year-old Aiken came to fame in 2003 when he was the runner-up on the Fox TV show "American Idol." He's released several albums, including 2010's "Tried and True." He also played Sir Robin in the Broadway production of Monty Python's "Spamalot" in 2008.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Arizona will start season with freshman Anu Solomon at quarterback
- 2014 UA Hall of Fame inductee Dick Tomey: Rich Rodriguez 'the right man at the right time' for Wildcats
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.