Ke$ha checks into rehab for eating disorder
LOS ANGELES (AP) - Ke$ha has checked into rehab to treat an eating disorder.
The "Tik Tok" singer said in a statement provided by her spokesman Friday that she'll be unavailable for the next 30 days while she seeks treatment for an undisclosed eating disorder.
"I'm a crusader for being yourself and loving yourself, but I've found it hard to practice," she said.
The 26-year-old vegetarian pop star said she wants to "learn to love myself again, exactly as I am." No other details were provided.
Ke$ha, whose real name is Kesha Rose Sebert, is the performer of such tunes as "Crazy Love," `'Die Young" and "Timber" with Pitbull. She starred in the MTV reality series "My Crazy Beautiful Life."
(Copyright 2014 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.