Judge allows Flavor Flav to attend Hall of Fame
LAS VEGAS (AP) - Flavor Flav has a new court date in Las Vegas that doesn't interfere with his induction into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
A judge on Thursday agreed to postpone arraignment for the rapper and former reality TV star on felony assault with a weapon and child endangerment charges until May 7.
The 54-year-old entertainer's legal name is William Jonathan Drayton Jr.
Defense attorney Tony Abbatangelo says Drayton's in Los Angeles for Thursday night's Hall of Fame induction with the rap group Public Enemy.
He's accused of chasing and threatening his longtime girlfriend's 17-year-old son with a butcher knife during an argument at home last October. Drayton also faces a misdemeanor domestic battery charge.
Abbatangelo says Drayton will plead not guilty.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.