Daft Punk sets Spotify record with new album
NEW YORK (AP) - Daft Punk has set another record on Spotify.
The music service said Monday that the electronic duo's new album, "Random Access Memories," had the biggest number of streams in its first week in the United States. Spotify wouldn't release the number of streams, but Daft Punk beat the 8 million streams Mumford & Sons set with "Babel" last year.
"Random Access Memories" was released last week and is the fourth album from the Grammy-winning French group.
Daft Punk also set a Spotify record last month when its song "Get Lucky" had the biggest streaming day for a single track in the U.S. and the United Kingdom. Since its debut, "Get Lucky" has been streamed more than 27 million times.
Spotify launched in 2008.
Daft Punk: http://www.daftpunk.com/
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- CBS Sports analyst: Arizona Wildcats coach Rich Rodriguez will be Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- AD Greg Byrne: Arizona Wildcats will schedule tougher non-conference foes in future
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.