Daft Punk sets Spotify record with new album
NEW YORK (AP) - Daft Punk has set another record on Spotify.
The music service said Monday that the electronic duo's new album, "Random Access Memories," had the biggest number of streams in its first week in the United States. Spotify wouldn't release the number of streams, but Daft Punk beat the 8 million streams Mumford & Sons set with "Babel" last year.
"Random Access Memories" was released last week and is the fourth album from the Grammy-winning French group.
Daft Punk also set a Spotify record last month when its song "Get Lucky" had the biggest streaming day for a single track in the U.S. and the United Kingdom. Since its debut, "Get Lucky" has been streamed more than 27 million times.
Spotify launched in 2008.
Daft Punk: http://www.daftpunk.com/
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.