PSY's new single 'Gentleman' continues record run
NEW YORK (AP) - PSY continues to set records on YouTube.
The South Korean pop star hit another mark for viral views with his new single "Gentleman," earning 38 million views in a single day as it set a blistering pace to 200 million views.
Kevin Allocca, YouTube's trends manager, says "Gentleman" was viewed 38 million times on April 14, surpassing the single-day record of 30 million set by the "KONY 2012" short film. It also holds the day-of-debut record with 18.5 million views.
PSY's "Gangnam Style" is YouTube's most-viewed video at 1.5 billion.
"Gentleman" reached 100 million views in four days and was approaching 204 million views Monday afternoon. It's not clear if those are records, but it took "Gangnam Style" more than 50 days to reach 100 million views.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Arizona coach: Receiver Austin Hill is 100 percent
- Stewart Mandel, SI.com college football writer - Thursday March 6Stewart Mandel talks about why the proposed rule to limit hurry up offenses in college football was
- Rich Rodriguez, UA Head Football Coach - Wednesday March 5The latest rule change to college football would fundamentally change the game.
- Doug Gottlieb, CBS Sports college basketball analyst - Thursday February 27Doug Gottlieb thinks Jahii Carson and Aaron Gordon should both stay in school for one more season.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Wednesday February 26Adam and Jarrett talk about the Utah/Colorado sweep and the week ahead.
- What's on your mind? - Thursday February 20Vince tells us what is going through his head this week in and out of the sports world.