PSY's new single 'Gentleman' continues record run
NEW YORK (AP) - PSY continues to set records on YouTube.
The South Korean pop star hit another mark for viral views with his new single "Gentleman," earning 38 million views in a single day as it set a blistering pace to 200 million views.
Kevin Allocca, YouTube's trends manager, says "Gentleman" was viewed 38 million times on April 14, surpassing the single-day record of 30 million set by the "KONY 2012" short film. It also holds the day-of-debut record with 18.5 million views.
PSY's "Gangnam Style" is YouTube's most-viewed video at 1.5 billion.
"Gentleman" reached 100 million views in four days and was approaching 204 million views Monday afternoon. It's not clear if those are records, but it took "Gangnam Style" more than 50 days to reach 100 million views.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.