Police: Madonna's brother resists arrest, is hurt
TRAVERSE CITY, Mich. (AP) - Authorities say the brother of pop star Madonna needed nine stiches to his forehead after he resisted arrest in a public bathroom in northern Michigan.
The Traverse City Record-Eagle reports ( http://bit.ly/10v57vC) that police were called Sunday night when 56-year-old Anthony Ciccone refused to leave the bathroom at the Grand Traverse County Civic Center.
Police say an officer tried to arrest Ciccone on an outstanding warrant for trespass. He confronted the officer, who brought him to the ground. Ciccone's face hit the floor and he required stitches.
Police say Ciccone's blood-alcohol level was 0.40. The legal limit for driving is 0.08.
No attorney is listed for Ciccone, who was arraigned on the warrant and jailed.
Madonna's publicist, Liz Rosenberg, declined to comment. Madonna is a Michigan native.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Report: Class of 2016 quarterback Shea Patterson decommits from Arizona
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.