Guitarist Bob Weir falls down onstage at NY show
NEW YORK (AP) - Guitarist Bob Weir fell onstage while strumming his guitar at a concert in Port Chester, N.Y.
Video posted online shows the 65-year-old musician collapsing Thursday night during a performance with Furthur. He was quickly helped off the floor as the crowd cheered him on.
Weir is on tour with Furthur, the band he formed with fellow Grateful Dead member Phil Lesh.
Lesh told the crowd Thursday that Weir had been suffering from a strained shoulder.
A representative for Furthur didn't immediately respond to an email seeking comment. The band's next show is scheduled for Saturday in Atlantic City, N.J.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Arizona coach Rodriguez on starting QB: 'The truth is I don't really know'
- Arizona Wildcats picked fourth in Pac-12 preseason media poll
- Arizona Wildcats' white helmets may have a slightly different (but familiar) look in 2014
- Arizona WR Austin Hill named to Maxwell Award watch list
- Arizona Wildcats' scoreboard rated among NCAA's best
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.