Guitarist Bob Weir falls down onstage at NY show
NEW YORK (AP) - Guitarist Bob Weir fell onstage while strumming his guitar at a concert in Port Chester, N.Y.
Video posted online shows the 65-year-old musician collapsing Thursday night during a performance with Furthur. He was quickly helped off the floor as the crowd cheered him on.
Weir is on tour with Furthur, the band he formed with fellow Grateful Dead member Phil Lesh.
Lesh told the crowd Thursday that Weir had been suffering from a strained shoulder.
A representative for Furthur didn't immediately respond to an email seeking comment. The band's next show is scheduled for Saturday in Atlantic City, N.J.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- No QB yet, but Wildcats a little closer after spring game
- NFL Draft '14: Recapping Arizona's Pro Day and looking ahead to ASU's
- UA's Rodriguez: Proposed play clock rule would change fundamentals of game
- UA's Rodriguez: Don't expect QB to be named by end of spring
- Arizona moves first two games of 2014 season to weekdays
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Tuesday April 15Adam and Jarrett talk about UA's early departures.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Thursday April 3Adam and Jarrett recap a tough loss as well as the season itself.
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Friday March 28Adam and Jarrett talk about Arizona's run to the Elite 8.
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 28Arizonans can all rally around this University of Arizona basketball team.
- Paul Bessire, predictionmachine.com - Wednesday March 26Paul Bessire reacts to the first week of the NCAA Tournament.