Guitarist Bob Weir falls down onstage at NY show
NEW YORK (AP) - Guitarist Bob Weir fell onstage while strumming his guitar at a concert in Port Chester, N.Y.
Video posted online shows the 65-year-old musician collapsing Thursday night during a performance with Furthur. He was quickly helped off the floor as the crowd cheered him on.
Weir is on tour with Furthur, the band he formed with fellow Grateful Dead member Phil Lesh.
Lesh told the crowd Thursday that Weir had been suffering from a strained shoulder.
A representative for Furthur didn't immediately respond to an email seeking comment. The band's next show is scheduled for Saturday in Atlantic City, N.J.
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.