Review: 5th album from !!! (Chk Chk Chk) is a hit
(AP) - !!! (Chk Chk Chk), "Thr!!!er" (Warp Records)
Sometimes to appreciate a band you have to experience them live: hear the instruments in a raw form, immerse yourself in the energy onstage, smell the musty air, see the sweat dripping from the band members' faces and feel the warmth of bodies jumping around you.
!!!, pronounced Chk Chk Chk, can put on a remarkable live show, and "Thr!!!er," their fifth studio album, cleverly captures their talent.
The nine-track set is a merry-go-round of quirky psychedelic dance beats with vocalist Nic Offer at the helm. The happy "Even When the Water's Cold" transports you to a sunny festival for a singalong, while "Get That Rhythm Right" puts you back in the club with its piano groove and saxophone.
The electronic beats step up a notch on "Slyd," while the guitars on "Expect Death" will have you punching your fist in the air. "Careful" is an infectious dance floor anthem- this one is a sure club hit.
Press play for fun times.
Follow Reetu Rupal on Twitter at: http://twitter.com/R2Today
(Copyright 2013 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)
- Carl Bradford, Marquis Flowers highlight list of local products who made NFL rosters
- Anu Solomon, UA Wildcats roll over UNLV Rebels in season opener
- Arizona athletic director Greg Byrne says goal is Territorial Cup, then Pac-12 championship
- Arizona vs. UNLV preview: Wildcats to debut freshman QB
- Arizona Wildcats to be a Pac-12 South surprise?
- Greg Byrne - Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 29Arizona Athletic Director Greg Byrne previews the 2014 Arizona football season
- Bearing Down with Adam and Jarrett - Aug. 28 - Thursday August 28Adam and Jarrett preview Arizona's 2014 football season and season opener vs. UNLV.
- Rich Rodriguez, Head Coach UA Football - Monday August 25Who will be his starting quarterback and how will he replace Ka'Deem Carey?
- Greg Byrne, University of Arizona Athletic Director - Friday August 8Greg Byrne talks about the new ruling that gives autonomy to the Power 5 conferences.
- Bucky Brooks, NFL Network draft analyst - Friday May 2Bucky Brooks discusses what the Cardinals should do with the 20th overall pick.